It’s that time of the year again, when wanderlust hits and the child in me is itching to come out. So like last year, I have a summer wish-list, and I’m going to put it out there. About 80% of the items on my wish-list came true last year, though 80% didn’t happen in the summer. I say that to demonstrate the power of clarity, you know how when you want a particular vehicle, you see it everywhere? Or when you are pregnant or trying to be, suddenly all you see is pregnant women? It’s the same clarity we attach to our life goals and to other smaller goals like your wish-list. Once you identify what you want, the channels to achieving them just become a whole lot clearer.
So here I go, this summer, I would like to:
1. Explore Greece: from Athens and it’s magnificent sites like the Acropolis, the Temple of Athena and the flea market in Monastiraki, to the beautiful blue ocean and volcanoe in Santorini to the lovely beaches of Mykonos. I love travelling and Santorini has been on my bucket list for a while. I can’t wait to make this happen.
2. To enjoy the blessings that are around me especially the “waters” in Lagos. Look at the beautiful sunset by the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge, and the way the ocean reflects the sun as we rode towards the Shore. I went for a prayer retreat at Kamp Ikare off the shore of Lagos and will look for every excuse to go and pray there again this summer. LOL! Appreciating God’s lovely creation is prayer… expressing joy at His majesty and workmanship is prayer! In a few more lines, I’ll be calling a whole week’s retreat, LOL!
3. This Handbag: no words needed! To borrow some legal jargon “res ipsa loquitor”! The facts or in this case, this handbag by YSL speaks for itself.
4. And so do these shoes by Diane Von Furstenberg. In my mind, when I grow up, I’ll wear DVF dresses everyday! But, at the cost per piece of these dresses, I’ll stick with one beautiful pair of shoes every so often.
5. Paragliding in Brighton- this was on my wish list last year but didn’t happen, something about weather and wind direction not being right when I was in the UK. Let’s see if this happens this summer. When I visited the Table Mountain in Cape Town, see post here , I saw people paragliding off the mountain top. I will need more courage to add that to my bucket list, but if the wind direction almost always works there, and there’s one of those trainer and trainee paragliding classes, I just might look at that. Waiting is not my strongest strength and I just want to do this already!
LOL! I really enjoy these thoughts, just the thought sends me on a mental vacation and fills me with joy. I love the ability to dream, to be free, to want what you want and plan or schedule margin for fun and play in your life. So what’s on your wish-list for summer? And on a more serious note, what will you work towards achieving? I would like to write an e-book and re-brand my line of pure soy massage scented candles (photo below). Share your wish-list, serious and fun stuff with me, I would like to know.
Don’t forget to be awesome, seize each day this summer, no body is promised tomorrow… Ciao!!!